Preaching
The fourth and last period of this year we have this class called homiletics (the art of preaching)
It's a really interesting class. But even more 'interesting' is that we all have to practice by preaching a sermon to our classmates!
My turn is this Thursday and you can't imagine what it does to you when you have to prepare a sermon (besides those of you who've done that before) I've been thinking and praying and dreaming (!) about it for weeks already!
I'm not a big fan of standing in front of a group. Whenever there's a presentation that needs to be done, I'm always glad when someone else offers to do it. But this time I have to stand there. For 20 minutes. And I can't just make stuff up. It's the word of God we're talking about here, so I don't want to say anything that's not true! With any other presentation I usually don't really mind to make something up when you're not sure, but I don't want to mess with Biblical truth! Thank God for the Holy Spirit to help me understand his Word when I pray for it!
So I'm working really hard on my exegeses, try to make up an interesting introduction, maybe some fun anecdotes and so on... I'll be talking about 1 John. 3:11-24 Read it and if you have some interesting thoughts about let me know!
But I would really like you to pray for me. 'Cause I don't think I've ever done something else that made me this nervous! Thanks. I'll let you know how it went!
It's a really interesting class. But even more 'interesting' is that we all have to practice by preaching a sermon to our classmates!
My turn is this Thursday and you can't imagine what it does to you when you have to prepare a sermon (besides those of you who've done that before) I've been thinking and praying and dreaming (!) about it for weeks already!
I'm not a big fan of standing in front of a group. Whenever there's a presentation that needs to be done, I'm always glad when someone else offers to do it. But this time I have to stand there. For 20 minutes. And I can't just make stuff up. It's the word of God we're talking about here, so I don't want to say anything that's not true! With any other presentation I usually don't really mind to make something up when you're not sure, but I don't want to mess with Biblical truth! Thank God for the Holy Spirit to help me understand his Word when I pray for it!
So I'm working really hard on my exegeses, try to make up an interesting introduction, maybe some fun anecdotes and so on... I'll be talking about 1 John. 3:11-24 Read it and if you have some interesting thoughts about let me know!
But I would really like you to pray for me. 'Cause I don't think I've ever done something else that made me this nervous! Thanks. I'll let you know how it went!

3 Comments:
At 8:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»
At 10:40 AM,
Tina said…
thank you for your comment. how was your sermon? i would love to hear you preaching. i think that's great. i did it once on a stage and i was really really excited :)about 'trusting God'. and i'm still learning...i hope to see you when i come and visit Jacoline. much love
At 3:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home