Chinatown
Back to 'You've got mail'. Though Meg Ryan's store made me want to have my own bookshop, Tom Hanks' store reminded me of a time when I was in New York with my dear friend Courtney.
I wanted to get a Calvin & Hobbes book, so we went to Barnes and Noble. What a great place! I love how you were just allowed to read everything! I got a Curious George book (so cute!), a very big Calvin & Hobbes book (that, sadly enough, I left on the plane...) and magnetic poetry!
Despite all this fun there is also a less good memory attached to Barnes and Noble...
Earlier that day we went to Chinatown. Courtney loves some kind of weird Chinese drink with slimy looking little balls in it. So we went to this place to get same take-away drinks. However the waitress didn't understand us (or pretended not to) so she sat us down and gave us a lot of menus. So we decided to have lunch there (smart waitress!) I can't really remember what I had, it was probably some veggie eggroll or something. I do remember feeling really bad afterwards and getting sick a few times at Barnes and Noble...
Ah well, I guess it adds up to the New York experience to have the cliché of getting sick from Chinatown-food and... I got to see a quite a lot of theme-decorated Barnes and Noble bathrooms!
I wanted to get a Calvin & Hobbes book, so we went to Barnes and Noble. What a great place! I love how you were just allowed to read everything! I got a Curious George book (so cute!), a very big Calvin & Hobbes book (that, sadly enough, I left on the plane...) and magnetic poetry!
Despite all this fun there is also a less good memory attached to Barnes and Noble...
Earlier that day we went to Chinatown. Courtney loves some kind of weird Chinese drink with slimy looking little balls in it. So we went to this place to get same take-away drinks. However the waitress didn't understand us (or pretended not to) so she sat us down and gave us a lot of menus. So we decided to have lunch there (smart waitress!) I can't really remember what I had, it was probably some veggie eggroll or something. I do remember feeling really bad afterwards and getting sick a few times at Barnes and Noble...
Ah well, I guess it adds up to the New York experience to have the cliché of getting sick from Chinatown-food and... I got to see a quite a lot of theme-decorated Barnes and Noble bathrooms!

2 Comments:
At 8:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
At 3:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home